How to close a ticket?

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Sat Oct 9 19:04:55 PDT 2010

Hi Ryan,

> Have you tried simply setting your outgoing email address to your MacPorts email address? Usually this just works. Your email provider would have had to go to some lengths to disable this basic email capability.
yes, that's what I did right at the start. But my provider actively avoids this feature. I get an error message when I try to specify a sender address which is not owned by my providers' account.

Brad Giesbrecht helped me out and created an account on one of his servers so that I am now in principle able to use my mk at macports.org address also as a sender address.

But since I'd have to stress his server I'd like to avoid it and stick to my alternative email address for the mailing list.

I get all emails sent to mk at macports.org forwarded anyway, so I don't really see a problem with this approach.

Greets,
Marko