why not use axel or wget instead of curl

陈硕实 buaacss at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 00:19:22 PDT 2010

Hi guys,
I recently install mac on my computer and installed port as soon as possible
since I have to install many software under Linux, and it was really
frustrating when I tried to download a 193M package and didn't know the
download speed and download process, may be I can cd to the dist path and
use "ls -lh" for one time, but not every time... so I modified the source
code of portfetch using axel as my default download tool.

But is it possible for everybody choose their favorite download tool by
adding a arg of port?

sudo port install xxxx --tool wget --tool-args ....

Sorry for my bad English...

Best regards.