qt4-mac infinite loop issue? (aka Getting a second MacPorts into action FAILS)

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Sat Oct 23 06:10:07 PDT 2010

So, here is the loop visible:
---
DEBUG: Checking for conflicts against qt4-mac
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: qt4-mac-devel
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: qt4-mac-devel
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: pkgconfig
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for pkgconfig
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: qt4-mac
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: qt4-mac
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: zlib
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for zlib
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: dbus
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for dbus
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: openssl
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: openssl
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: sqlite3
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: sqlite3
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: tiff
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: tiff
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: libpng
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: libpng
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: libmng
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: libmng
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: jpeg
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: jpeg
DEBUG: Checking for conflicts against qt4-mac
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: qt4-mac-devel
---
I am proceeding further, as you can see I managed to get dbus installed by simply renaming the old entries.

In the further process jpeg got installed when tiff had to be installed. Then libpng and libmng followed.

I don't get this really: manually installing all those ports where no receipts could be found up there worked no problem. Also the dependencies got installed fine (like e.g. jpeg for tiff).

In the end I arrived at qt4-mac-devel which is building right now…

I am heavily irritated about all these "Didn't find receipt…" messages! But from googling this http://osdir.com/ml/apple.macports.user/2007-08/msg00078.html I understand that these messages actually must not frighten me at all. The LOOP is the problem. Wonder how it comes to this.