How to convert the Guide's xml source files into (chunked) HTML locally?

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Sat Oct 30 11:13:48 PDT 2010

I did add a little section to the port group section yesterday.

Today I thought to extend the common task section a little.

I am tired though of having to rely on macports' server to transform the XML into HTML. This surely can also be done locally.

Can someone tell me where the necessary files are located and how I can transform the XML into - preferably only chunked - HTML output to quickly preview my changes locally before I commit anything to MacPorts svn repo...

I figure there should be an XSLT stylesheet somewhere and a certain xlstproc call to make this task work… But before I start searching and experimenting I hope that someone can give me quick help on the list.