Packages Not [was Re: ambivalence about fortran (was Re: numpy & non-Apple gcc?)]

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Mon Sep 20 14:48:40 PDT 2010

> Huh?  There's no semantic quibbling there at all.  I simply said you did not have build success/failure logs there, which is what my original question was about.  You are the one changing the subject here, not me. :-)   I also believe, though it has nothing to do with logging, that there IS a very definite distinction between archives and packages right now in MacPorts, particularly given that archives are not doing anything with the metadata yet (c.f. above discussion with respect to extract vs perform).

The original topic was about time to build packages.
My point was MacPorts can already provide pre-built binaries to people. Somehow, by using archive or package I've caused a mess.

Sorry my choices on words was obviously poor, but based on the original subject it should be clear that bantering about packages versus archives has nothing to do with it.