publican porting effort

Radovan Pútec radovan at 0x539.sk
Fri Sep 24 01:55:37 PDT 2010

Hello dev,

I would like to port publican[1] to osx, prefferably push it into macports. I've
already started to push perl dependencies into ports, the only problem is that
Publican depends on perl modules that depends on perl core modules in perl >=
5.10. There is a way to force update on core module from ports, but that is
generaly a bad idea, so the only viable option I see is to use perl >= 5.10.

Since there are three version of perl in ports, is there a way to maintain
modules for every version? Are there any policies regarding packaging perl
modules? And why are there tree versions of perl in ports. Because of deps
usable is only 5.8.9.

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/publican/

rdvn