publican porting effort

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Fri Sep 24 07:37:06 PDT 2010

We changed our perl @INC order so that the vendor location is searched first (so you can install newer versions of core modules if you need/want them).

> Since there are three version of perl in ports, is there a way to maintain
> modules for every version?

not currently. Whatever version of perl you have installed as ${prefix}/bin/perl ends up with the p5-* modules you install (and you'll really mess yourself up if you try to have two versions of perl alternating as ${prefix}/bin/perl

> Are there any policies regarding packaging perl
> modules?

use the perl5 portgroup?

> And why are there tree versions of perl in ports.

laziness? because people want it? because there hasn't been a good way to force a rebuild of all of the p5-* ports when someone upgrades major perl versions?

--
Daniel J. Luke