[GSoC] Best proposal for community?

Felipe Tanus fotanus at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 07:05:14 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm writing this e-mail to discover what macports community needs more
as GSoC project.

As you might know, Erik will not be able to join GSoC project since he
started to work on apple. His project, to develop a tool to download
binary packages has no one to do. I might adopt that.

I have currently 3 project ideas:

1) Check binary dependencies for ports.
      Project idea: Scan for broken dynamic libraries for rebuild and
Check dependencies after destroot
      My will to do it: 5/5

2) Create binary tool to download packages (former Erik's)
      Project idea: Binaries
      My will to do it: 5/5

3) Upgrade port tool to download binaries and upgrade MPAB system
      Project idea: Somewhat binary
      My will to do it: 4/5

Currently, I might end up applying just for the #1, because the
proposal is wrote already, and I'm not really up to do #3 anymore just
because the other couple of ideas are better.

My point is that I could change my proposal #2. For this, I need your
feedback: What is the project that is more important macports
community?

[]'s

--
Felipe de Oliveira Tanus
E-mail: fotanus at gmail.com
Blog: http://www.itlife.com.br
Site: http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~fotanus/
-----
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." - Gandalf