[m]pkg phase

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Sun Apr 10 12:01:31 PDT 2011

> Well it's more complicated than that. The packages produced by MacPorts only install into their ${prefix}. They don't install into ${prefix}/var/macports/software/${name}/${version}_${revision}+${variants} and then hardlink into ${prefix} like MacPorts does when it installs things. The "images and archives" branch that was just merged into trunk probably changes this again.

Now that images and archives is in trunk, instead of hardlinking files into place it's just expanding the archive into place--or at least that's what it looks like. I've given up on it for now, unmerging it in my local trunk.

This archive in ${prefix}/var/macports/software/${name}/ can be generated from the pkg and vice versa (since that's how it's essentially done if you had archivemode on and ran the [m]pkg phase). Pkg phase is an alternative  of the archive phase:

  * unarchive -> destroot -> pkg
  * unarchive -> destroot -> archive