[m]pkg phase

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at apple.com
Sun Apr 10 12:48:24 PDT 2011

On Apr 10, 2011, at 12:01 PM, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

> Now that images and archives is in trunk, instead of hardlinking files into place it's just expanding the archive into place--or at least that's what it looks like. I've given up on it for now, unmerging it in my local trunk.

I'm having a little difficulty parsing just what exactly that means. :)

Are you saying that what's in trunk will now unpack directly into the ${prefix} and ignore the ${prefix}/var/macports/software/${name}/${version}_${revision}+${variants} location entirely?  If true, that would leave a lot of stuff in ${prefix}/var/macports/software/${name}/${version}_${revision}+${variants} essentially orphaned, so I'm doing my best to assume that's not what you meant. :)   Even if that is what you meant, you then say you've "given up on it", which means you're reverting this, or...  what?  Man, I'm totally confused. :-)

- Jordan