A Plea to Reduce Dependences (e.g., for swig)

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Tue Aug 16 16:00:46 PDT 2011

> I find no packages for darwin11
>
> And those binary packages, who builds them?  Are they signed?  Are we still building packages as root?

So really the complaint is that nothing is yet pre-built for Lion--we have a GSoC project that will give us a very good picture of what the majority of users employ and will allow us to make informed decisions on what to build or test first.

The packages are signed by the same certificate as the MacPorts installer, and the build code is available in the repository.

> My "development machine" is my laptop, and my laptop goes where I go.  It does not have constant broadband.  Sometimes it has no net connection at all.  Sometimes it has slow wi-fi.  Sometimes the only option for connectivity is via my phone.

Lion over a 3G connection? Not sure how MacPorts downloads are an issue.