gcc_select

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Sat Aug 20 05:20:18 PDT 2011

Contents of gcc_select look like this:

[ MP-devel ] :scotch marko$ port contents gcc_select
Port gcc_select contains:
  /opt/macports-test/etc/select/gcc/base
  /opt/macports-test/etc/select/gcc/gcc40
  /opt/macports-test/etc/select/gcc/gcc42
  /opt/macports-test/etc/select/gcc/llvm-gcc42
  /opt/macports-test/etc/select/gcc/none
[ MP-devel ] :scotch marko$

So, I wonder where the gcc_select command actually lives…

I have also a gcc44 installed on this installation, but I don't see how I could make use of all this.

I am surely doing something wrong and would be happy if someone could give me a hint as to where I could learn something about.

I know this one here

	http://trac.macports.org/wiki/UsingTheRightCompiler

but it doesn't tell me how to set up my installation in such a way that I can select the compiler to be used for building a specific port, neither do I see where to search for the gcc_select command.