[82777] trunk/dports/science

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Aug 20 13:17:50 PDT 2011

On Aug 20, 2011, at 02:54, Marko Käning wrote:

> # This needs iteration through folders:
> #    eval xinstall -m 755 [glob ${worksrcpath}/../man/*] ${destroot}${prefix}/man

Whenever I see "${worksrcpath}/.." it suggests to me that worksrcpath is probably not set optimally. In your case, I suggest setting build.dir instead, and leaving worksrcpath alone. Since there are no patches and no configure phase, and recalling that the default for destroot.dir is ${build.dir}, this is all that's needed. If there later are patchfiles and you want them to be in this directory as well, you can set patch.dir to ${build.dir}.

I'm attaching a patch which makes several changes to scotch which I recommend:

 * reuse ${name} when setting distname
 * don't set worksrcdir; set build.dir
 * remove unnecessary "use_bzip2 no"; that's the default
 * copy and patch Makefile.inc in post-patch, not pre-build
 * use [get_canonical_archs] directly instead of setting archflags variable
 * simplify destroot by just copying all the directories into the destroot
 * disable universal variant since dependency openmpi doesn't have one

If you can instead fix openmpi so it has a universal variant, then that would be better. But it might be difficult to give openmpi a universal variant, since it uses a MacPorts gcc or g95 fortran compiler for some parts, and those compilers don't understand -arch flags.