buildbot's log for port "ktoblzcheck" shows warnings...

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Aug 28 12:28:43 PDT 2011

On Aug 28, 2011, at 12:28, Marko Käning wrote:

> while building ktoblzcheck on buildbot I saw these 3 warnings popping up:
> ---
> warning: no debug symbols in executable (-arch x86_64)

I don't know the significance of this message. I think I've seen other ports issue it during their build, and they still seem to work, so I'd ignore it.

> libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish /opt/local/lib'
> libtool: install: warning: `../../src/lib/libktoblzcheck.la' has not been installed in `/opt/local/lib'

Many ports issue this message; it's fine. At install time (which is when this message is printed), it is accurate: the file has not been installed in /opt/local/lib at that time, and it will only work correctly when installed there, so it's reminding you that you need to install it there -- which is exactly what MacPorts will do at the next phase, the activate phase.