Removal of llvm port

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at macports.org
Sat Dec 10 12:29:43 PST 2011

Over the past couple months, I've sent out notifications that the unversioned llvm and clang ports will be going away.  The time has come to do that, but some ports are still depending on port:llvm instead of the version of llvm that they require.  Please update your ports and verify that they work with the versioned llvm ports.  If you are in the To: of this email, that means you!

Note that nothing depends on llvm-devel, clang, nor clang-devel, so I may be marking those as replaced_by their versioned counterparts while still waiting on the ports below to be updated before similarly updating llvm.

Here is the list of all ports depending on port:llvm.  Note that dragonegg-devel is nomaintainer and has never built for me even with the unversioned ports, so I don't consider it a blocker.  If someone actually cares about that port, they should fix it.

ld64
odcctools
dragonegg-devel
llvm-gcc42