Merging rev-upgrade

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Mon Dec 12 09:53:49 PST 2011

On Dec 12, 2011, at 6:49 AM, Clemens Lang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been running my GSoC project rev-upgrade on my "productive"
> MacPorts installation since I've finished it in August and haven't had
> any problems with it, so I think it might be ready to be merged into
> trunk.
>
> I have added documentation for it to man 1 port. Are there any other
> places I'm expected to document it?
>
> Feel free to test rev-upgrade by checking out my branch[1] and
> installing it over your current MacPorts. I'm keeping the branch in sync
> with trunk's base by regularly merging from trunk. Switching back from
> rev-upgrade to trunk should work aswell, however, that has not been
> tested. Opening the registry database with my branch for the first time
> upgrades the database version and adds a couple of fields, so you might
> want to keep a backup of your registry.db.
>
> I'm planning on merging at the end of this week unless there are any
> problems with it.
>
> [1] https://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/branches/gsoc11-rev-upgrade/base/

This should be nice.

Here is what I get when upgrading the "root" port.
Does the result below look correct for a failed upgrade?
Where would one go from here? I am performing a force upgrade with "-s".
Does rev-grade run with precompiled packages downloaded from macports?

--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 99%
Warning: Could not open /opt/local/lib/libmysqlclient.18.dylib: Error opening or reading file
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 100%
--->  Found 4 broken file(s), matching files to ports
Error: Port py26-mysql is still broken after rebuiling it more than 3 times. You might want to file a bug for this.
Port py26-mysql still broken after rebuilding 3 time(s)
    while executing
"error "Port [$port name] still broken after rebuilding [expr $broken_port_counts([$port name]) - 1] time(s)""
    (procedure "revupgrade_scanandrebuild" line 166)
    invoked from within
"revupgrade_scanandrebuild broken_port_counts"
    (procedure "macports::revupgrade" line 5)
    invoked from within
"macports::revupgrade"
    (procedure "action_revupgrade" line 2)
    invoked from within
"action_revupgrade $action $portlist $opts"
    (procedure "action_upgrade" line 24)
    invoked from within
"$action_proc $action $portlist [array get global_options]"
    (procedure "process_cmd" line 95)
    invoked from within
"process_cmd $remaining_args"
    invoked from within
"if { [llength $remaining_args] > 0 } {

    # If there are remaining arguments, process those as a command
    set exit_status [process_cmd $remaining..."
    (file "/opt/local/bin/port" line 4743)

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)