reduce-algebra portfile

Mark Brethen mark.brethen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 17:42:09 PST 2011

According to the readme:

We have the PSL sources in the trunk cleaned up for the most
wanted versions, i.e. Windows, Linux(Intel), and Mac/OS (Intel)
both 32 and 64 bit.

The maintenance for the PSL trees is done by the script

make-psl.sh     in this directory.

This script chooses the traditional PSL-name from the generic name used
at configure time, e.g.

x86_64-unknown-ubuntu10.04   ==>  AMD64

which keeps the name stable across changes of the OS version or
change of the Linux distribution.

Simply starting the script by ./make-psl.sh produces a PSL tree *here*,
most important are ./bin and ./dist .

There are variants (as usual :-) ) which allow one to produce a different
version on a compatible system, e.g. an extended AMD64 system (using
all registers, inline cons, etc) which can be made by

./make-psl.sh AMD64_ext

on an 64 bit Linux system. As of today, you can produce versions called
linux (32 bit Intel Linux) or brock (don't ask) by setting the parameter.

Similar thing can be done on MAC/OS. The canonical name is mactintel64,
but macintel can be generated on a 64 bit system as well.

On Dec 12, 2011, at 7:33 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Dec 12, 2011, at 19:16, Mark Brethen wrote:
>
>> A follow-up to my last post. I found a documented way to avoid downloading from ZIB Berlin:
>>
>> Based on the PSL versions described above, one is able to produce REDUCE
>> versions for PSL which not rely on binaries from ZIB Berlin. After
>>
>> svn update               (or checkout)    and
>> ./configure --with-psl         one can use
>> cd psl
>> ./make-psl.sh            not stricly necessary, but we cannot discuss this here
>> ./make-reduce.sh         takes the local binaries and the Makefile form configure
>>                        to produce a REDUCE version. The names are the same as above,
>>                        Parameterisation as above too, a little trick is used to
>>                        find the Makefile.
>>                        REDUCE can be started from ../pslbuild/<MACHINE>/redpsl
>>                        which can be copied to a more convenient place.
>>
>> What would be the equivalent script line in the port file for the lines below "one can use" above?
>

> For example:
>
> pre-build {
> 	system -W ${worksrcpath}/psl "./make-psl.sh"
> }
>
> What version of PSL will that use then?

Mark