reduce-algebra portfile

Mark Brethen mark.brethen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 18:08:47 PST 2011

Well, that didn't work.

:info:configure configure: Will build this PSL using the macintel64 initial binaries
:info:configure configure: About to update PSL binaries from master web-site at ZIB
:info:configure Warning - no file "xport.chk" found
:info:configure Need to fetch baseline "xport.chk"
:info:configure Creating 386-ext.b
:info:configure +++ Fetching (binary) from http://www.zib.de/neun/reduce/new_model/lisp/psl/macintel64/psl/386-ext.b for 386-ext.b

<skipping all the files download>

:info:configure 195 files updated
:info:configure configure: creating ./config.status
:info:configure config.status: creating Makefile
:debug:configure Privilege de-escalation not attempted as not running as root.
:debug:build build phase started at Mon Dec 12 19:53:34 CST 2011
:notice:build --->  Building reduce-algebra
:debug:build Executing proc-pre-org.macports.build-build-0
:info:build make for PSL in /opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_marbre_ports_math_reduce-algebra/reduce-algebra/work/trunk/psl/dist  for MACHINE
:info:build please add  /opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_marbre_ports_math_reduce-algebra/reduce-algebra/work/trunk/psl/bin/  to your PATH
:info:build unset inprocess
:info:build MACHINE: Undefined variable.
:info:build set imagesize=10000000
:info:build MACHINE: Undefined variable.
:info:build (cd /opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_marbre_ports_math_reduce-algebra/reduce-algebra/work/trunk/psl/dist/kernel/; make  MACHINE= PSL=/opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_marbre_ports_math_reduce-algebra/reduce-algebra/work/trunk/psl/dist bfiles)
:info:build make[1]: *** No rule to make target `bfiles'.  Stop.
:info:build make: *** [bfiles] Error 2
:info:build shell command "./make-psl.sh" returned error 2
:error:build Target org.macports.build returned: shell command failed (see log for details)
:debug:build Backtrace: shell command failed (see log for details)
    while executing
"$pre $targetname"
:info:build Warning: the following items did not execute (for reduce-algebra): org.macports.activate org.macports.build org.macports.destroot org.macports.install

On Dec 12, 2011, at 7:33 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Dec 12, 2011, at 19:16, Mark Brethen wrote:
>
>> A follow-up to my last post. I found a documented way to avoid downloading from ZIB Berlin:
>>
>> Based on the PSL versions described above, one is able to produce REDUCE
>> versions for PSL which not rely on binaries from ZIB Berlin. After
>>
>> svn update               (or checkout)    and
>> ./configure --with-psl         one can use
>> cd psl
>> ./make-psl.sh            not stricly necessary, but we cannot discuss this here
>> ./make-reduce.sh         takes the local binaries and the Makefile form configure
>>                        to produce a REDUCE version. The names are the same as above,
>>                        Parameterisation as above too, a little trick is used to
>>                        find the Makefile.
>>                        REDUCE can be started from ../pslbuild/<MACHINE>/redpsl
>>                        which can be copied to a more convenient place.
>>
>> What would be the equivalent script line in the port file for the lines below "one can use" above?
>

> For example:
>
> pre-build {
> 	system -W ${worksrcpath}/psl "./make-psl.sh"
> }
>
> What version of PSL will that use then?

Mark