MP trunk sql.c COLLATE VERSION

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Wed Dec 21 22:27:43 PST 2011

> On 12/21/2011 08:21 PM, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
>> With port from trunk I do not have VERSION collation available in
>> registry.db.
>
> This has always been the case. There is an sqlite3 extensions available
> in base (only in the source tree, it is not distributed) which can be
> loaded to define this collation sequence.
>
> https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/base/src/cregistry/README.sqlext

Ok. with branches/gsoc11-rev-upgrade I am getting database corruption on 10.5/PPC and not on 10.6/Intel.

If the "macports.sqlext" file AND the "VERSION" sqlite3 collation SHOULD NOT be a problem, what can I do to figure out why I get this "make install" result?
Could I have a permission issue, "logic error or missing database"?

"sudo make install" result:
sqlite error: SQL logic error or missing database (1) while executing query: COMMIT
  while executing
"registry::open $db_path"
  (procedure "mportinit" line 563)
  invoked from within
"mportinit ui_options"
  (file "src/images_to_archives.tcl" line 18)
make: *** [install] Error 1
trex:base brad$ pwd
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/branches/gsoc11-rev-upgrade/base

Is there a sqlite3 log or make log that might help me?

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)