MP trunk sql.c COLLATE VERSION

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Wed Dec 21 22:48:25 PST 2011

On Dec 21, 2011, at 10:27 PM, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:

>> On 12/21/2011 08:21 PM, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
>>> With port from trunk I do not have VERSION collation available in
>>> registry.db.
>>
>> This has always been the case. There is an sqlite3 extensions available
>> in base (only in the source tree, it is not distributed) which can be
>> loaded to define this collation sequence.
>>
>> https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/base/src/cregistry/README.sqlext
>
> Ok. with branches/gsoc11-rev-upgrade I am getting database corruption on 10.5/PPC and not on 10.6/Intel.
>
> If the "macports.sqlext" file AND the "VERSION" sqlite3 collation SHOULD NOT be a problem, what can I do to figure out why I get this "make install" result?
> Could I have a permission issue, "logic error or missing database"?
>

> "sudo make install" result:
> sqlite error: SQL logic error or missing database (1) while executing query: COMMIT
> while executing
> "registry::open $db_path"
> (procedure "mportinit" line 563)
> invoked from within
> "mportinit ui_options"
> (file "src/images_to_archives.tcl" line 18)
> make: *** [install] Error 1
> trex:base brad$ pwd
> /opt/local/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/branches/gsoc11-rev-upgrade/base

After this failed install port commands result with the following until I replace my registry.db from a backup:

sqlite error: database is locked (1) while executing query: ATTACH DATABASE '/opt/local/var/macports/registry/registry.db' AS registry
   while executing
"registry::open $db_path"
   (procedure "mportinit" line 563)
   invoked from within
"mportinit ui_options global_options global_variations"
Error: /opt/local/bin/port: Failed to initialize MacPorts, sqlite error: database is locked (1) while executing query: ATTACH DATABASE '/opt/local/var/macports/registry/registry.db' AS registry

Am I starting with a corrupt database? But after I replace the registry.db from a backup I can install and uninstall without any complaints from port.

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)