macfuse

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Sat Dec 24 09:12:57 PST 2011

On Dec 23, 2011, at 10:52 PM, Joshua Root wrote:

> On 2011-12-24 16:56 , Dan Ports wrote:
>>>
>>> Nevermind.
>>>
>>> Setting 'universal_archs ppc' solved this error.
>>
>> Hmm. We build the fuse4x kext universal by default because its
>> architecture needs to match the running kernel, not userland, and we
>> don't have any other way to specify that.
>>
>> Maybe we shouldn't be doing that on ppc? I don't have a PPC machine
>> around to test it...
>
> Yeah, no version of OS X has a ppc64 kernel.

Setting my universal_archs to only ppc in macports.conf produces this error:
$ port installed
Warning: invalid universal_archs configured (should contain at least 2 archs)

On this ppc system I cannot think of a situation where I would want to build i386. I can live with this warning; is there any reason not to leave universal_archs ppc only?

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)