macfuse

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at apple.com
Sun Dec 25 08:14:29 PST 2011

On Dec 24, 2011, at 3:55 AM, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:

> Please make fuse4x build on PPC before removing MacFUSE.

The last PowerPC Mac machine shipped in 2005.  That was almost 7 years ago.  I think it's unrealistic to expect a build-from-source system like macports to keep supporting machines that old, particularly when (as we've already discussed) there are other binary-package avenues available (like http://code.google.com/p/macfuse/downloads/list) for folks who, for whatever reason, are still clinging to vintage hardware of that nature.

- Jordan