macfuse

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Wed Dec 28 02:46:50 PST 2011

Hi,

Has anyone consider moving to osxfuse, instead of fuse4x ? It also was born out of the death of macfuse, but shares a lot of code with MacFuse but has been updated a lot to, for instance work with 64 bit kernels etc.

http://osxfuse.github.com/

Perhaps the most relevant point is it has a macfuse compatibility layer, that makes it ABI compatible, so it can be used as a direct drop in replacement. i've been using it since macfuse died, and its very stable. Just a thought, but it seems to me a better replacement that fuse4x… fuse4x may have forked first, but I think most of the main people active on macfuse (including a lot of private forks, such as in tuzera ntfs etc.) moved to it and submitted patches when macfuse finally died.

cheers Chris