port my own applications

Larry Gilbert l2g at macports.org
Tue Feb 15 10:55:39 PST 2011

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 12:03 AM, Panayotis Katsaloulis <
panayotis at panayotis.com> wrote:

> I am the author of the Jubler subtitle program and a happy user of
> macports. I would like to ask if you think it is acceptable to create a port
> of my application. Although I have already a DMG version and an auto-update
> mechanism, I think macports will be another great distribution alternative.

Hi Panayotis,

Personally, I think that would be great. It is open-source, isn't it? I
didn't find a source download link on your website.

According to the manual, MacPorts can put together installable packages,
too; so you might even be able to use it to build your DMGs. (I have not yet
been bold enough to experiment with this feature.)

-- Larry Gilbert (L2G)