port my own applications

Panayotis Katsaloulis panayotis at panayotis.com
Tue Feb 15 13:02:40 PST 2011

On Feb 15, 2011, at 8:55 PM, Larry Gilbert wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 12:03 AM, Panayotis Katsaloulis <panayotis at panayotis.com> wrote:
>
> I am the author of the Jubler subtitle program and a happy user of macports. I would like to ask if you think it is acceptable to create a port of my application. Although I have already a DMG version and an auto-update mechanism, I think macports will be another great distribution alternative.
>
> Hi Panayotis,
>
> Personally, I think that would be great. It is open-source, isn't it? I didn't find a source download link on your website.
>
> According to the manual, MacPorts can put together installable packages, too; so you might even be able to use it to build your DMGs. (I have not yet been bold enough to experiment with this feature.)

It is open source of course, the source is in Hg repository in both google code and sourceforge, and there is source distribution in sourceforge.
You are right though, there is no link in the homepage :)

To say the truth, I am already using macports to build my DMG's :)
That's why I though to use macports the other way round : to have my project  defined in macports.