archive_sites in Portfiles

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Fri Jan 7 06:42:11 PST 2011

On Jan 6, 2011, at 10:39 PM, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

>> I thought we decided before that we don't want individual maintainers distributing archives, but that we want a central server farm creating and distributing them?
>
> Will the build farm handle all supported combinations of OS and architecture?
>
> Will the distfile policy change similarly, requiring everyone to download distfiles from official MacPorts mirrors?

How about we go with Jeremy's idea until the central server build farm magic is all built and running?

We can have people on the DEV list playing with archives for a while so we know what parts of the user experience need attention and whatnot before announcing it to 'normal' end-users...

--
Daniel J. Luke