Git as client to the MacPorts svn repository?

Larry Gilbert l2g at macports.org
Sat Jan 29 11:42:47 PST 2011

On Jan 28, 2011, at 11:01 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> I seem to recall that the developers of git feel that keyword expansion in
source files is the work of the devil, and do not support it. Meanwhile,
Subversion does support it, and we use it in our files.

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 10:46 AM, Blair Zajac <blair at orcaware.com> wrote:

> I use git-svn as a svn client quite often, but it doesn't get the keywords
> right and they'll be clobbered.

Ugh. That's a shame, because I've found Git to be very useful in
preparing/staging a batch of commits and then committing them to Subversion
all at once, and I'm running into a case where I want to be able to do that.

Let me reframe the problem in a new thread here.

-L2G