Staging/committing a long series of Subversion commits

Larry Gilbert l2g at macports.org
Sat Jan 29 12:00:59 PST 2011

I want to be able to work on and commit a series of 21(!) ports that someone
has submitted:

https://trac.macports.org/query?order=priority&summary=
^p5-html-wikiconverter

Normally there is one commit per port. That makes 21 commits. I have found
Git to be very useful in staging and performing a long series of commits to
Subversion, but Git doesn't support Subversion keyword expansion, which the
MacPorts Project relies upon.

So I was wondering if someone has a technique they know of or like to use
for doing something like this that remains compatible with Subversion and
its keyword expansion. Right now the best thing I can think of is using a
tool like Quilt to build up a series of patches, then doing some shell magic
to commit them all to Subversion one at a time.

--Larry Gilbert (L2G)