Upcoming Subversion 1.7

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Sat Jul 16 12:44:54 PDT 2011

Normally, we only have a single Subversion release in MacPorts, but with the 1.7
release and its rewrite of the working copy library that switches to SQLite, I'm
thinking it would be best to have MacPorts have both 1.6 and 1.7.  I can imagine
companies where they won't be upgrading to 1.7 on other operating systems, e.g.
Linux, and you'll want to have MacPort's svn continue to use the 1.6 working
copies when they are shared over the network.

Do people think this is a large issue that we should have two svn versions?

Blair