MacPorts on Lion (common issues, fixes, and workarounds)

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at macports.org
Wed Jul 20 10:21:10 PDT 2011

On Jul 20, 2011, at 10:12 AM, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

> With regards to the upcoming use of LLVM: has anyone had issues with any
> programs that use Cairo to print, which would involve output to PDF or PS?
> I don't think it's a match with the ticket already open [1].
>
> PSPP is having issues whenever pango/cairo are built with LLVM 2: the
> problem goes away when building the dependency tree in Clang and GCC. This
> brings up the question of what do we do if we need dependencies built
> non-LLVM?

Clang is LLVM.  You probably mean "llvm-gcc" rather than "llvm"?

Do you know if it is specifically cairo or pango that has the issue (or both)?  I'd suggest just having cairo and pango use clang over llvm-gcc-4.2.  If the issue goes away, don't look back.  clang's the way of the future as it is, let's not get stuck on llvm-gcc-4.2 for too long...