Skipping completed

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jun 9 19:40:32 PDT 2011

I'm tired of bug reports with main.logs attached that aren't complete (i.e. that contain lines saying "Skipping completed").

When a port error occurs, MacPorts 1.9.2 prints the location of the log file, and a link to bug reporting instructions, which people don't read.

I thought I remembered that MacPorts trunk enhanced this message to suggest that the user might want to attach said main.log, but I can't see that now.

I'd like to enhance this even further though. I suggest that if no phases were skipped, the current behavior is fine, but if phases were skipped, MacPorts should not print the link to the bug reporting instructions, but should instead tell the user to clean and try again. Any objections?