How to remove a port from MacPorts?

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Sun Mar 6 14:28:37 PST 2011

Hi Ryan,

> Yes, that's how you would remove a port.
OK.

> Note that everybody who already has the port installed will receive no notification that the port has been deleted from the tree, and will continue to have the port installed forever, or until they manually decide to "sudo port uninstall" it.
I see. That wouldn't be a big deal since…

> What is the port? Is there or will there be a replacement for it in MacPorts? If so, don't delete the port immediately, but keep it around for a year or so as a stub port marked as "replaced_by" whatever the replacement port is.
it's the port "skrooge-devel" which the skrooge-developers decided to not to support anymore. Instead we agreed upon maintaining solely port "skrooge".

This is why I would simple "rm" it.

BUT, how to I create 'a stub port marked as "replaced_by"'??? (Just out of sheer curiosity I'd like to know, just in case I come across a case like this in the future.)

Greets,
Marko