Mspgcc4 port submission

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Mon Mar 7 08:52:43 PST 2011

Hi! I'm a happy user of MacPorts, and I've just created my first new port:

  https://trac.macports.org/ticket/28611

It's a cross-compiler for the TI MSP430 family of microcontrollers. It was mildly challenging to develop the port, because the original distribution doesn't use a simple configure/compile/install sequence. I'm in contact with the original developer, and I have his blessing to manage the MacPorts releases.

Is there anything else I need to do for a new port submission? How long should I expect to wait for the submission to be reviewed and committed (or kicked back to me for changes, etc.)? I apologize if these are dumb questions.

I also plan to submit a few more related ports this week, after I put on the finishing touches.

While I'm here, I'd like to thank all of the MacPorts developers, committers and submitters for creating such a useful packaging and distribution system!

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
Web page: http://www.nf6x.net/