Mspgcc4 port submission

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Mar 7 16:00:44 PST 2011

On Mar 7, 2011, at 10:52, Mark J. Blair wrote:

> Hi! I'm a happy user of MacPorts, and I've just created my first new port:
>
>  https://trac.macports.org/ticket/28611
>
> It's a cross-compiler for the TI MSP430 family of microcontrollers. It was mildly challenging to develop the port, because the original distribution doesn't use a simple configure/compile/install sequence. I'm in contact with the original developer, and I have his blessing to manage the MacPorts releases.
>
> Is there anything else I need to do for a new port submission? How long should I expect to wait for the submission to be reviewed and committed (or kicked back to me for changes, etc.)? I apologize if these are dumb questions.
>
> I also plan to submit a few more related ports this week, after I put on the finishing touches.
>
> While I'm here, I'd like to thank all of the MacPorts developers, committers and submitters for creating such a useful packaging and distribution system!

Mark,

I have provided feedback in the ticket now. Writing to this list is the correct procedure if tickets are not acted upon in a timely manner. And tickets for new ports, especially complicated ones like this one, take time to review, so many who scan the tickets may skip over them. If that happens, please poke us here until we react. :)