policy about python_select

vincent habchi vince at macports.org
Mon Mar 7 22:21:48 PST 2011

Hi to all,

> whatever) need to be fixed to use the specific version of python or gcc or whatever that they want. The gcc case is described in the wiki page UsingTheRightCompiler; extrapolate from there for the other *_selects.

Okay Ryan. I'll alter the Portfile to accommodate to this policy. But, with increasing simultaneous versions of python (2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 3.0, 3.1 and now 3.2), it is going to be really painful – even if it is mostly a copy/paste affair – to support all variants in python-dependant packages. Somehow, can we afford to support six different versions?

Vincent