Filesize in Portfiles (was Re: [76684] trunk/dports/sysutils/rpm/Portfile)

Jeff Johnson n3npq at mac.com
Wed Mar 9 12:46:51 PST 2011

On Mar 9, 2011, at 3:39 PM, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> On Mar 9, 2011, at 12:35 PM, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>
>> A fall-back in case the distfile cannot be obtained by a different [untrusted] source?  Please correct me if I'm wrong there...
>
> s/by/from/

This is what I was referring to as a "mirror of last resort" (for downloading).

Good. All "distfiles" build elements are in one location, and so all integrity/security metadata
could be automated without too mach pain.

Whether a service for digests/signatures is worth the effort is a different question.

73 de Jeff