Handing over the sources of Porticus

Chris Jones christopher.rob.jones at cern.ch
Thu Mar 24 15:06:29 PDT 2011

On 24 Mar 2011, at 9:58pm, Anders F Björklund wrote:

> Chris Jones wrote:
>
>>> There should be a symlink at this place. Both the disk image and source
>>> installation should add this symlink. This has been changed with 1.9.0:
>>>
>>> http://trac.macports.org/ticket/12943
>>> http://trac.macports.org/changeset/65055
>>
>> Well, all I can say is I don't have this. I don't know exactly when my macports installation dates back to, but I suspect it has been upgraded from something like 1.8 or older, via 'port selfupdate'....
>>
>> So, short of reinstalling completely, whats the best way to fix this.
>
> For Pallet:
>
> Use "/opt/local/share/macports/Tcl" (new) instead of "/Library/Tcl" (old)

Please forgive a probably dumb question, but how exactly I am supposed to enter this into pallet ?

A popup window appears, but as far as I can tell I cannot type the path directly into the box that comes up...

...and if I select 'select', a Finder window comes up, but try as I might I cannot seem to navigate to /opt ....

Chris