ffmpeg-devel move to git?

Jon Keane jkeane at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 20:29:40 PDT 2011

I've looked around for this discussion and can't seem to find it –
although I might not have looked hard enough so sorry if this has
already been hashed out. ffmpeg has moved to git as their source
repository, and claims their svn will not be around for forever. I
would like to help getting moved over to a more recent branch of
ffmpeg for the devel package if possible; but I see that git is highly
disfavored in the documentation. What is the appropriate course of
action?

-Jon