GSoC idea for the binary issue (yet again)

Felipe Tanus fotanus at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 06:47:16 PDT 2011

Hello,

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 10:36 AM, Erik Österlund <fisksvett at gmail.com> wrote:

> Mar 28, 2011 kl. 5:44 AM skrev Jordan K. Hubbard:
>
> On Mar 27, 2011, at 4:28 PM, Erik Österlund wrote:
>
> The goal
> Being able to download and install binary "packages".
>
> Sounds great!  Are there multiple GSoC applicants working on this
> simultaneously, or just one of you, or ... ?
>
> I don't know. I've been interested in this for quite some time and wanted to
> do this GSoC project. However it seems I am not alone. Hope this potential
> issue can be resolved somehow.

I'm the other applicant for the same project idea, but I don't see an
issue, since I would like to work with MPAB and modify the port tool
to use binary as well, and you are proposing to create a new tool. I
think that both projects are worth for the community, and Its not
likely to one student to complete our two proposals in GSoC time.

--
Felipe de Oliveira Tanus
E-mail: fotanus at gmail.com
Blog: http://www.itlife.com.br
Site: http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~fotanus/
-----
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." - Gandalf