[GSoC][Binaries support] Can I work with MPAB?

Felipe Tanus fotanus at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 09:38:46 PDT 2011

Sorry, forget reply to all

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Felipe Tanus <fotanus at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 1:27 PM
Subject: Re: [GSoC][Binaries support] Can I work with MPAB?
To: Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org>

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 5:44 AM, Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:
> Why do you think that Tcl would be a better choice than shell script?

Because tcl is needed in order to MPAB works at first place, since is
half shellscript, half tcl. shellscript has many "gotchas" and might
be difficult to maintain or to other people to contribute. Also, the
code will be smaller with some standards like optparse. Am I missing
something? do you think that MPAB should be in shellscript?

> Why do you think GSoC rules forbid this? MPAB is part of The MacPorts
> Project and of course you can work on that.

I was not sure if it was third part project. Thanks for the info.

> As it might help, febeling once wrote a web frontend named portmill for
> MPAB. You can find it on github, https://github.com/febeling/portmill

Seems interesting, I'll take a look and might add this to my project
proposal. Thank you.

--
Felipe de Oliveira Tanus
E-mail: fotanus at gmail.com
Blog: http://www.itlife.com.br
Site: http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~fotanus/
-----
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." - Gandalf

--
Felipe de Oliveira Tanus
E-mail: fotanus at gmail.com
Blog: http://www.itlife.com.br