[GSoC] Post-destroot progress

Felipe Tanus fotanus at macports.org
Sat May 21 08:24:41 PDT 2011

Hello,

For the ones that didn't know yet, I'm working on the post-destroot
phase google summer of code project. My project proposal can be viewed
on melange[1]. In short: This is a new phase on port tool that will
test if the installation was correctly successful. Soon the coding
phase will start (may 23) and for so Perry and I have prepared some
dummy test ports, that can be viewed on the matrix I attached on this
e-mail. Also, the ports are in my user repository on macports svn [2].

We proposed to test the following:

*Links: Check if the created links points for valid locations and
existing files.
*Lib dependencies: Check if a lib really uses what it requires on it's Portfile
*Lib links: Check for dynamic linked libraries on the system and
compare with it's dependencies
*Architecture: Checks for each port if it was compiled for and only
for the target(s) architecture(s)
*mtree: mtree violation test will be moved for this new phase.

Any Ideas and corrections will be welcome.

[1] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2011/fotanus/1001
[2] https://trac.macports.org/browser/users/fotanus/ports

--
Felipe Tanus