[85928] trunk/dports/net/nmap/Portfile

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Wed Nov 2 10:14:43 PDT 2011

On Nov 2, 2011, at 2:24 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

[snip commentary]

> reinplace is great when you need to substitute a variable into the source, but even then in order to get the above advantages I usually recommend a patchfile that inserts a placeholder (like @PREFIX@) into the source, then a reinplace that changes the placeholder to the desired value (e.g. reinplace "s|@PREFIX@|${prefix}|g").

While you're probably right in general, I don't think any/all of that applies to this specific case (I don't know of any instance where changing void main(void) to int main(void) could cause a problem). In any event, the change has been accepted upstream and so I'll remove the reinplace from the portfile when the next release happens.

I do think the above advice is something that should be added to the documentation, though.

--
Daniel J. Luke