Does qt4-mac implicitly request for +quartz variants of dependent ports?

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Fri Nov 4 14:05:25 PDT 2011

I am right now trying to build KDE4's kmymoney4-devel from scratch and noticed that, although I didn't ask for a +quartz variant I end up with ports like cairo asking to be installed in their +quartz variant…

Why is that? Is that due to KDE4 port group?

Well, could be that this is also connected to the fact that I had a residual +no_x11 in the empty MacPorts installation's configuration in /opt/clean-slate/etc/macports/variants.conf…

And yes, I know, no_*-variants are to be avoided these days. I am working on it! :-)