Does qt4-mac implicitly request for +quartz variants of dependent ports?

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Fri Nov 4 15:50:38 PDT 2011

> Hmm, I can't remember that I intentionally installed anything in its quartz variant. :-(
> Am a little confused, not knowing where it came from.
> OK, will have to do a little more research on this...

This example is by no means a real one, but it'll give you an idea of what happened:
Port A was installed +quartz one day, and Port B was then built on top of it. B noticed there were quartz files and built whatever to use them.
Port A was reinstalled without quartz.
Port C (which happens to have a quartz variant) is built without the quartz variant enabled on top of Port B, but aborted since it noticed you had a quartz file on your system but weren't building with quartz enabled.

I'd recommend checking the portfiles to see which file they check for, find out which port provides that, and reinstall it. You might need to repeat down the tree a bit unil you get them all, since some ports don't have the quartz variant but do indeed pick up on quartz files.