Does qt4-mac implicitly request for +quartz variants of dependent ports?

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Fri Nov 4 15:55:01 PDT 2011

> I'd recommend checking the portfiles to see which file they check for, find out which port provides that, and reinstall it. You might need to repeat down the tree a bit unil you get them all, since some ports don't have the quartz variant but do indeed pick up on quartz files.

I see. I am a little unsure about +quartz and +no_x11 and stuff. I know the latter is not to be used anymore, but I wonder whether using +quartz makes +no_x11 obsolete… I somehow can't imagine that now.

The thing is that kmymoney4-devel would pull in lots of unneeded x11 stuff (IMHO) if build w/o no_x11.