gcc version mismatches

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Nov 16 20:49:29 PST 2011

On Nov 16, 2011, at 21:42, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

>> Something like:
>> sudo port -f -s upgrade installed
>
> Kyle is looking to rebuild all MacPorts packages from source, since it'll pull down the unannounced prebuilt binaries automatically (surprise, it's biting users--have we announced it yet???).

This does not count as biting users. The user has asked how to do something unsupported. I provided part of a workaround, forgetting momentarily that pre-built binaries might get used. You supplied the other part of the workaround, to prevent those binaries from getting used. Done.

No I haven't seen any announcement about binaries yet. I'm not sure if we're waiting on something in particular before announcing it. Certainly issues remain with the binaries, for example users for who change applications_dir (#31186).