SSHKeychain site is dead

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Oct 21 13:43:02 PDT 2011

On Oct 21, 2011, at 08:40, Daniel J. Luke wrote:

>>> Don't we host it a tarball on macports repository in such a case?
>>
>> Of course we do. http://distfiles.macports.org/ . Unfortunately sshkeychain does not fetch a tarball; it fetches directly from the project's subversion repository which is inaccessible along with the rest of their web site.
>
> I think Andrea was saying that in cases like this, if the port is useful, we can just create a tarball and host it ourselves (which I believe we have done in the past).

Yes, and we could do that. But if the site had really been completely inaccessible, along with its repository, we would have no way now to fetch the source in order to package it up as a tarball and host it. One might view this as another reason why we shouldn't rely on fetching from RCSs, possibly excepting well-known large hosting sites.