SSHKeychain site is dead

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Fri Oct 21 15:31:19 PDT 2011

--On October 21, 2011 3:43:02 PM -0500 Ryan Schmidt
<ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> On Oct 21, 2011, at 08:40, Daniel J. Luke wrote:

>>> Of course we do. http://distfiles.macports.org/ . Unfortunately
>>> sshkeychain does not fetch a tarball; it fetches directly from the
>>> project's subversion repository which is inaccessible along with
>>> the rest of their web site.
>>
>> I think Andrea was saying that in cases like this, if the port is
>> useful, we can just create a tarball and host it ourselves (which I
>> believe we have done in the past).
>
> Yes, and we could do that. But if the site had really been completely
> inaccessible, along with its repository, we would have no way now to
> fetch the source in order to package it up as a tarball and host it.
> One might view this as another reason why we shouldn't rely on
> fetching from RCSs, possibly excepting well-known large hosting sites.

I just looked and SSHKeyChain still seems to be around.  The source is
in GIT now instead of SVN, but it's still available at
<http://sshkeychain.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb-index.cgi>.  The
project page at <http://sshkeychain.sourceforge.net/> is still there
too.

        Mike