[86145] trunk/dports/kde/kstars/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Oct 21 14:35:40 PDT 2011

On Oct 20, 2011, at 02:06, Marko Käning wrote:

> On Oct 20, 2011, at 3:15 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> Furthermore, "no_" variants are deprecated; these days, it should be an "x11" variant, that adds the dependency, and is enabled by default.
> Oh, that's interesting news.
> I guess then we should scan all port files and eradicate those no_-variants…
> Good to know.

But be sure to leave the no_ variant as a legacy compatibility variant for "awhile" (a year maybe?) to ease upgrades. Don't just delete the e.g. no_x11 variant or users who had selected it will suddenly find themselves getting x11 versions they didn't want.

Several existing ports show examples of how to do this.