Hi, could a commiter have a look to #31718 ?

Francois Claire fclaire at free.fr
Thu Oct 27 02:36:39 PDT 2011

Hi,
>> up
> That's unlikely to help get attention to your ticket.
>
> Your best bet would be that you actually write a short note when you ping the list (ie. "can someone please check ticket #blah and commit the attached patch that does foo, thanks!").

I try to keep messages to mailing lists as short as possible in order to
not waste people's time. This time it was indeed too short.

> ... and if you end up having to ping the list frequently for commits to happen, maybe you should apply for commit access yourself? :)

I did ask for commit access in the past and my request has been
rejected. I don't want to submit a new one: I don't have enough
experience to write portfiles and did several mistakes which have been
catched by experienced commiters. This helped me a lot and I learned a
lot fixing them.
This check done by experienced committers aslo increased the quality of
my portfiles to the desired standard of the macports project, which
reduced the potential support requests for problems related to my portfiles.

Regards,
Francois.